Keeping Payroll Records
Revenue requires that all employers including schools must keep records relating to all employees for whom PAYE/PRSI contributions are paid. The following details must be recorded to demonstrate that employee entitlements are being properly recorded:
- Employer Registration Number.
- Name, Address and PPSN of each employee.
- Payroll details – gross to net reports, copies of payslips showing all income categories and deductions made for PAYE, PRSI, USC, LPT etc.
- Terms of employment for each employee showing start and end dates of employment within any income tax year.
- Holiday and bank holiday entitlements for each employee.
- Hours of work for each employee including starting and finishing times and lunch times.
- You must keep these records for a period of six years after the end of the income tax year to which they refer and you must, on request, make them available for inspection by authorised officers of the Revenue Commissioners or of the Department of Social and Family Affairs. The records can be kept either on a manual or computer system. The Revenue authorities are in the process of phasing out the current tax deduction cards.
If you need any further information, please email email@example.com or phone (01) 9104020.