Example of payment details required in a Revenue Audit
Payment details required for the years X to X incl:
Please ensure that details of payments supplied are from January to December each year. The Revenue require the annual total amount paid to each individual/company for each year (not weekly or monthly payments)
- Caretaker/grounds person.
- Grass cutting/gardeners.
- Building works/repairs/maintenance including electrical and plumbing work etc.
Details of payments made to builders where Relevant Contracts Tax has been operated are not required.
The Revenue require details of payments made to all engaged in the above duties including those engaged casually covering leave etc for the regular cleaners/caretakers etc.
If your school has employed any of the above under the PAYE/PRSI system since January X, please forward the employees name and PPS Number and specify the duty they carried out. Please quote your schools employer registered number and I can confirm details of payments made from your P35 records.
Additionally, please provide details on the following:
- Individuals brought into your school to teach P.E./Sports/Gardening or other activities and receive payment from you that does not form part of your weekly/monthly payroll.
- Details of Summer Camps organised by your school or outside parties where your school or grounds are/were used.
- If your school or grounds are/were used by individuals/groups outside of school hours to teach music/dancing or any other activity (other than in a voluntary capacity), the Revenue will require the name and address of those individuals/organisers and the periods involved.
- Details of additional payments made to individuals engaged to supervise study where these payments do not form part of their weekly/monthly salary.
- Any additional payments made to Staff that do not form part of their weekly/monthly salary.
- If a canteen is provided in your school to serve food etc, please state the name and address of the responsible person or company.