The FSSU is running a number of practical hands-on budget workshops to assist in the submission of the budget for the 2020/2021 school year. The workshops are free of charge and are open to Principals and Clerical Officers in particular and any other school personnel involved in the budget preparation process such as finance subcommittee members.
The workshop will incorporate an update on the financial issues currently affecting schools. During the workshop, we will assist you to prepare your draft school budget for 2020/2021 on your laptop. To get the maximum benefit from the workshop please complete the “School Budget Preparation Document” and bring it with you on the day together with the items listed below.
|Galway||Clayton Hotel, Ballybrit||4th March||10.00am – 1.30pm|
|Sligo||Radisson Hotel, Sligo||25th March||10.00am – 1.30pm|
|Dublin North||Clayton Hotel, Liffey Valley||31st March||10.00am – 1.30pm|
|Cork||Clayton Hotel, Silver Springs||1st April||10.00am – 1.30pm|
Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
- School grants received for the period September 2018 to August 2019
- School generated income for the period September 2018 to August 2019 i.e. book rental income, locker income, bus income
- Summary of all school expenses for the period September 2018 to August 2019 i.e. repairs to buildings/grounds, light & heat, telephone, printing & stationery, hospitality, bus hire etc.
- Copy of census submitted to the Department for the year 2020
- Payroll Year to Date report for the year ended 31st December 2019
- General Ledger Account Details report from September 2019 to date.
- Income and Expenditure (I&E) Report showing 2019/2020 current year to date, budget for current year 2019/2020