The FSSU is running a number of practical hands-on school budgeting workshops. The workshops are free of charge and are open to Principals in particular and any other school personnel involved in the budget preparation process such as school accounts secretaries, bursars and finance subcommittee members.
The workshop will incorporate an update on the financial issues currently affecting schools. During the workshop, we will assist you to prepare your school budget for 2020/2021 on your laptop. To get the maximum benefit from the workshop please complete the “School Budget Preparation Document” attached and bring it with you on the day together with the items listed below.
|Kilkenny||Hotel Kilkenny||25th February||2.00pm – 4.30pm|
|Dublin North||Clayton Hotel, Liffey Valley||25th February||2.00pm – 4.30pm|
|Galway||Clayton Hotel||26th February||2.00pm – 4.30pm|
|Cork||Charleville Park Hotel||26th February||2.00pm – 4.30pm|
|Meath||CityNorth Hotel, Gormanston||26th February||2.00pm – 4.30pm|
|Dublin South||Talbot Hotel, Stillorgan||27th February||10.00pm – 12.30pm|
|Sligo||Clayton Hotel||27th February||2.00pm – 4.30pm|
Please bring the following items with you the workshop:
- A LAPTOP
- Download the 2020/2021 School Budget Template – this excel file is available to download from this link.
(save this file onto your laptop.)
- The school’s teacher allocation for 2020/2021
- Enrolment numbers on each programme for 2019/2020 and 2020/2021
- Number of Supervision and Substitution scheme opt outs in the school
- Completed School Budget Preparation Document
- Financial Reports:
- Nominal Activity Report 2019/2020 to date
- Nominal Audit Trail 2018/2019 full year
- Income and Expenditure account showing current year to date, budget for current year and full school year 2018/2019